Monday, April 17, 2017

Springtime in Colorado!

Mercurial at best, downright confusing all other times!  Weather fluctuates from 70 and sunny, to 30 and whiteout in 24 hours.  The good thing about spring snowstorms is that they don't last.  So if you wake up to this - 


...have no worries, it'll be mostly gone by nightfall.  And if you're really lucky, a shot like this happens:


Not quite time to pack away the winter wardrobe.  I've been told to keep a sweater and a hoodie or two out all year, might get chilly on 4th of July!

Now for the update - I'm still really sore.  Walking more than a hundred yards hurts, big time.  But there's hope!  I was able to score an appointment with a top-notch rockstar orthopedic surgeon, for the 28th.  Lemme tell ya - when I hung up the phone after making that appointment, it felt like a huge weight was lifted off me, like there is hope, and that there is relief in sight.  I'm not afraid of needles or surgery - so whatever will make me feel better - let's do it!

Will I still make it to the top of a 14'er by the end of summer?  Don't know!  I may have to settle for a 13'er this year.  I'm ok with that.  There's still plenty of hiking, biking, and camping to be done.  And I can take long drives and lots of photos, like I did this past weekend.  

Isn't this glorious?


So now it's just a waiting game, see what the doc says.  Hopefully I can get away with just a needle full of cortisone, but if more is required, then let's get it done!

I think my next post will be a list of sites that are about hiking, camping, and mountain stuff in general.  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment