Saturday, April 29, 2017

Quick update!

So in my last post, I talked about what was going on with me, health wise.  Saw the rockstar surgeon, and guess what - I've been hobbling around on a broken hip the past two months!  So - now I'm making arrangements for hip replacement surgery.  Until then, I'm on crutches, with minimal weight bearing on the left side.  And those motorized carts at the grocery store?  Don't get me started...

However - my dream of climbing a 14'er is stronger than ever!  Doc said there would be no problem doing that... but maybe not THIS year.  Best to shoot for next summer.  But I can definitely hike, bike, camp - and continue training for that big mountain.  

Best of all - after the surgery heals - NO PAIN!!  Whoo hooo!!!!!

So - the blog will keep going, hang in there with me.  There will be lots of good stuff about the trails, campsites, bike paths - all that Colorado has to offer. 

In the meantime, it's April 29, and the snow is still falling.  Not planting any flowers this weekend.  Wondering if we'll get apples this year?  The lilacs aren't happy....



Even Texi is wearing a sweater today!  Does she have enough toys?



So until my next post... hobbling around the Springs... be blessed, and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment